Hello! My name is Kate Smeltzer and I am recent grad from KU. I have been involved with theatre design projects and backstage crews for over ten years. I enjoy scenic painting and scenic design and would love to do both professionally! I also have an interest in teaching scenographic and other theatre techniques at the university level. Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com for any additional information, my resume/CV, and references.
Teaching Experiences Include:
- Skilled in gathering information and resources to properly convey the lesson.
- Lecture/Presentation Experience
- Work Place teaching experience (able to convey steps and procedures to interns or students so that they are able to complete projects and assignments)
- Rendering for the Theatre
- History of Period Styles
- Lighting Production
- Makeup 101
- Intro to Scenic Painting
- Color Mixing/Matching
- Sample making
- Wallpaper Application
- Foam Carving
- Trained in Vectorworks for both Scenic and Lighting Design.
- Trained in Lightwright/Beamwright.
- Able to use the following CAD programs: Corel Painter, Cinema 4D, Poser, Photoshop